JOB TITLEApplication Project Manager
PURPOSE OF POSITIONResponsible for project alignment on all Samsung Application launches for the content division. This includes, but is not limited to; aligning with application product managers for schedules, changes, content creation, and software. This also includes collaborating with the different groups within the Content & Call Center Operations team to stay in alignment on app launches for product readiness. This role requires email and voice communication, professional appearance, travel and project management experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Knowledgeable of Consumer Electronic products and features as well as product issues that impact customer service.
- Collaborates and aligns with internal/external teams to obtain and distribute an in-depth understanding of the product and the different App requirements.
- Troubleshooting products on a technical level regarding outstanding and anticipated product issues.
- May lead or be a part of team for special projects, as required.
- Providing any risk callouts to the Planning Team & Senior Management.
- Provide short to medium term tactical direction and operational oversight to Content & Call Center Operations.
- Collect operation data and information to continuously improve processes and enhance outcomes.
- Manage processes and best practices to improve efficiencies and effectiveness of related operations.
- KPI monitoring and analysis based on application lifecycle.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- College or technical college degree or equivalent experience
- Consumer Electronics product knowledge required
- Minimum 8 years of experience in full life cycle product management.
- Self-motivated, proactive worker.
- Must be proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated competency in persuasive communication skills using both oral and written modes for internal and external personnel at all management and staff organizational levels to obtain critical project decisions.
- Understanding of Android Operating Systems
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize multiple complex assignments and projects.
- Ability to read and interpret detailed and complex technical documentation.
- Ability to work in a team environment, in order to achieve personal and project team goals and to complete projects within established time frames.
- The ability to accept tasks and problems/situations that differ, requiring creativity to search for solutions among learned consequences. Only broad and general guidelines exist for solving problems.
- The ability to utilize implied knowledge of task alternatives and to make spontaneous decisions using past experience and the guidance of successful experiences of others.
- Work is generally performed in an office environment. Operate a computer keyboard and view a video display terminal between 50% - 95% of work time, including prolonged periods of time.
- Requires considerable (90%+) work utilizing high visual acuity/detail, numeric/character distinction, and moderate hand/finger dexterity. The movement and transportation of equipment, most of the time is under 25 pounds.
- Performs work under time schedules and stress which are normally periodic or cyclical, including time sensitive deadlines, intellectual challenge, some language barriers, and project management deadlines.
- Machines, tools, equipment, and work aids include printers, copiers, faxes, and other equipment commonly associated with an office work area.
- May require working additional hours beyond normal schedule.
- Travel varies depending on program and product cycles.
- Consistently demonstrates a commitment to policies and procedures, including but not limited to, attendance, confidentiality, conflict of interest, and ethical responsibilities.